The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Team (ADAPT) is trained to educate their peers to reduce the negative outcomes associated with alcohol or other drug use. As peer educators, the team promotes awareness, provides educational outreach, and serves as accessible resources for UVA students.
Request a Presentation
ADAPT members have been trained on a variety of topics relating to substance abuse and are familiar with additional resources available to UVA students. To schedule an educational program with ADAPT members you must submit complete and submit the ADAPT Program Request Form. If you have questions about your submission, please email the ADAPT program chair at email@example.com
ADAPT promotes a safe experience for any students attending the Foxfield Races.
ADAPT encourages students to stay safe and be active bystanders during the break.
Substance Abuse Prevention Week
ADAPT collaborates with University partners to promote the use of harm reduction strategies among students who use alcohol or other substances.
Halloween Safety Campaign
ADAPT educates students about safe Halloween behaviors.
What are Hoo's doing this weekend? ADAPT distributes a weekly e-mail that highlights substance-free weekend activities.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "subscribe wahooweekender"
As an ADAPT peer educator, you can help promote awareness, provide educational outreach, and serve as an accessible resource to other UVA students.
- Students in their first or second years may apply
- New members must successfully complete a 3-credit academic course (EDHS 3240: Peer Alcohol Education) that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-3:15pm in the Fall semester
- New members must also be able to attend weekly meetings on Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm
- Our Spring 2018 Application period has been completed. If you are interested in applying next Spring, please check back before Spring Break 2019.
- For more information, or to be added to the recruitment interest list, e-mail email@example.com