New information regarding the Aetna Student Health Plan and COVID-19.
Student Health and Wellness provides care for all UVA students that pay the comprehensive fees with their tuition. There is no charge for visits with care providers as they have been pre-paid with tuition as mandatory fees.
- All students at the University of Virginia who pay the comprehensive fees with their tuition are required to have health insurance. Students are required to either submit proof of their health insurance or enroll in the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan by these key deadlines.
- There are charges for certain services, such as supplies for certain treatments, immunizations, and allergy injections. These charges are placed on students' UVA SIS accounts so students can submit claims to their health insurance plans for possible reimbursement. If a student is enrolled in the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan, these charges will be submitted to Aetna by Student Health and Wellness on behalf of the student.
- In the Student Health and Wellness building are satellite locations for a UVA Health laboratory and pharmacy. If a student receives laboratory or pharmacy services at these satellite locations, UVA Health will file to the student’s health insurance plan.
- The Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer oversees the student health insurance program. The Student Health Insurance Committee (SHIC) consists of faculty, students, and staff and serves as an advisory body to the Vice President.
* Note: All UVA students, regardless of how many credits they are enrolled in, are eligible to receive services from the Student Disability Access Center (SDAC).