Student Health and Wellness provides care for all UVA students that are charged the full comprehensive fees with tuition.
- All UVA students charged the full comprehensive fees with tuition [PDF] are eligible to receive no co-pay costs associated with visits to care providers as they have been pre-paid with tuition as mandatory fees.
- There are charges for certain services, such as supplies for certain treatments, immunizations, and allergy injections.
All students at the University of Virginia charged the full comprehensive fees with their tuition are required to have health insurance. These students are required to either submit proof of their health insurance or enroll in the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan by these key deadlines. This step-by-step PDF tutorial details how to submit proof of health insurance on the UVA Aetna website, or you can watch this video that walks you through the online enrollment/verification process.
- NEW: Health Insurance Enrollment + Verification Tutorial Videos
- If you have financial concerns about the affordability of health insurance (UVA Aetna Student Health Plan or otherwise), please do not hesitate to reach out at email@example.com or by calling 434-243-2702.
- The Student Health and Wellness building houses satellite locations for a UVA Health laboratory and pharmacy. If a student receives laboratory or pharmacy services at these satellite locations, UVA Health will file to the student’s health insurance plan.
- The Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer oversees the student health insurance program. The Student Health Insurance Committee (SHIC) consists of faculty, students, and staff and serves as an advisory body to the Vice President.
* Note: All UVA students, regardless of how many credits they are enrolled in, are eligible to receive services from the Student Disability Access Center (SDAC).