Welcome! Prior to your January or spring arrival at UVA, Student Health and Wellness needs information about your health status and health insurance coverage.
If you are a NEW student (transfer, undergraduate, graduate):
- COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: All students who live, learn, or work in person at the University of Virginia during the 2021-2022 academic year must be fully vaccinated. Students may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement. Students with approved medical or religious exemptions will be subject to pre-arrival and weekly prevalence testing requirements and other public health measures.
- Due By: December 1st, 2021
- Instructions for uploading proof of vaccination + religions/medical exemptions forms below.
- Pre-Entrance Health Form (PEHF): Please complete the PEHF accurately and upload it to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- Due By: January 31st, 2022
- Downloadable forms below.
- Health Insurance Requirement: All UVA students are required to have health insurance coverage. Students can satisfy this requirement by waiving UVA Aetna Student Health Plan coverage and uploading proof of current coverage to the Aetna Student Insurance Portal OR enrolling in the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan.
- Due By: January 31st, 2022
- Waive/Enrollment Site Opens: November 15, 2021 – January 31st, 2022
- For more information and to begin the enroll/waive process, visit the SHW Insurance page. Please note that proof of insurance coverage cannot be uploaded to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- If you have financial concerns about the affordability of health insurance, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (434) 243-2702.
If you are a RETURNING student (transfer, undergraduate, graduate) who did not attend in the fall:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement due by December 1st, 2021.
- Health Insurance Requirement due by January 31st, 2022.
Instructions + Forms:
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
Your proof of vaccination or temporary waiver form or exemption form must be uploaded to the HealthyHoos patient portal by 12/1/2021. NOTE: If you are non-compliant by 12/15/2021, your student ID will be deactivated. If you are non-compliant by 1/3/2022, you will be disenrolled from all J-term courses. If you are non-compliant by 1/12/2022, you will be disenrolled from all your spring semester courses.
- To upload proof of your vaccination, login to the HealthyHoos patient portal, click "Upload," and select "COVID-19 Vaccine Immunization Information." Note that uploads must include the name of the vaccine manufacturer and, when possible, should be in English.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Exemption Form: Please do not forget to sign and date your form before uploading it to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Religious Exemption Form: Please do not forget to sign and date your form before uploading it to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- If you are an international student, please click here for additional information and guidance.
Pre-Entrance Health Form (PEHF):
Your completed pre-entrance health form must be uploaded to the HealthyHoos patient portal by 1/31/2021:
- PEHF for Medical and Nursing Students:
- PEHF for All Other Students:
- PEHF Waiver Forms:
Health Insurance Requirement
You will receive reminders to either submit proof of current health insurance coverage or enroll in the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan starting in mid-November. You must complete this process by 1/31/2021:
- Visit the Insurance Verification Deadlines webpage for more information.
- Starting Nov. 15th, you can complete the process by visiting the UVA Aetna Enroll/Waive webpage.
- Instructions for completing the process are available via video and PDF.